Coronavirus in Delaware: Updates and News for Providers and the Disability Community
CURRENT & UPCOMING PROVIDER CLOSURES
- CERTS: Closing Adult Action Centers at close of business on March 18, 2020. Current plans are to re-open on April 6, 2020.
- Chimes Delaware: Day program services are suspended through March 27, 2020.
- Easterseals Delaware and Maryland’s Eastern Shore: View the full list of closures and service suspensions.
- Elwyn: Work and day programs closed beginning March 19 through March 27, 2020.
- Kent Sussex Industries: Day services are closed effective at close of business on March 17, 2020. This closure is for the rest of the week.
CORONAVIRUS NEWS & UPDATES FOR PROVIDERS
- New guidelines for unemployment insurance: Delaware released updated unemployment guidelines to help workers impacted by COVID-19. View a full list and details of the expanded benefits.
- Governor Carney requests federal assistance to small businesses: On March 16, 2020, Gov. Carney requested the U.S. Small Business Administration make low interest loans available to DE businesses and nonprofits affected by COVID-19.
- CMS waives Medicare reimbursement restrictions: Notably, CMS is not enforcing any requirements that an existing patient-provider relationship exist, allowing for broad access to services. View the fact sheet.
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES
- ANCOR Alert | Ask Congress to address the need for stable disability supports during COVID-19 Outbreak: Contact your member of Congress automatically with this easy-to-use message.
- 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Services Waiver Instructions and Technical Guidance: APPENDIX K: Emergency Preparedness and Response